Old September 9th 04, 04:10 PM
Gary S.

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 20:28:58 GMT, "ku4yp" wrote:

i thank you all for the comments.

to tie into the electirical service will be a pain as the electrical
gound is on the total oposite end of the house from the shack. i'll have to
work something out there. water pipe grounding will not be a problem.

i can see i have much more reading to do.

thanks agian, mike

When we had an electrician upgrade the incoming electrical service box
on my mother's house (circa 1960), he ran a large 8 gauge wire from
the box at the end of the garage, along the wall of the house all the
way to the incoming water line from the street near the other end of
the basement, where he tied it to ground next to the water meter.

The National Electrical Code has changed, and those in older houses
might consider upgrading to current code (no pun intended) even if not
actually required.

In industrial situations, I have had to deal with ground loop
problems, which are a PITA to find. Do your grounding correctly, and
you will be safer, and have an easier time of it.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA