Old June 24th 04, 10:06 PM
LW

"Mark S. Holden" wrote ...

- "Just imagine, somewhere in that crate is a pristine
R390 that's never been used."

Cross you fingers and knock on wood - and don't rule it out. Since
late 1996 I've seen this very thing with (2) Drake R4b's, (2) National
HRO-500's and (1) Collins 51S1.

The Drakes and the Nationals were sold on rec.radio.swap.

The Collins went quietly from the storage depot in Alaska to a good
home. A very good home, at that. Happened to a VERY good guy.
( You out there John? )

No hard feelings, but I hope I am the finder of the NIB R-390.

Awww shucks - I'd settle for finding an NIB 2010. Or R4c. Or a
loaded R7a. Or an NIB SPR-4 with the dial stickies and loop antenna.