Old September 9th 04, 05:13 PM
Gary S.

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 08:41:17 -0700, Wes Stewart
wrote:

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 15:10:28 GMT, Gary S. Idontwantspam@net wrote:
[snip]
|In industrial situations, I have had to deal with ground loop
|problems, which are a PITA to find. Do your grounding correctly, and
|you will be safer, and have an easier time of it.

You should have seen the problems I had when I had the house
electricians wiring up an r-f shielded room. Trying to convince them
that they had to run just *one* ground wire from a single point on the
room to a building ground and not the service entrance ground *and*
that the wire couldn't be bare and laying on the sprinkler system
piping, the A/C ducts and electrical conduit in the overhead.

Then fighting off the fire department guys that insisted that they
were going to run a pipe into the room for sprinklers.

Most licensed electricians (in theory all of them, but I'll leave
that) have a good understanding of issues related to DC and 60 Hz AC,
voltages up to 480, currents up to 100 A.

Once you get to higher frequencies, including RF, or to serious
voltages or currents, the number of people who really understand drops
off rather quickly, unfortunately as the potential problems and
dangers increase.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA