Old September 9th 04, 05:49 PM
Walter Maxwell

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 23:49:42 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

snip

Although I may jokingly profess ignorance of American electrical measuring
instruments, for several years I was the Government-approved Head of
Laboratory of a measurement standards laboratory of second echelon to the
British National Physical Laboratory. I was familiar with the excellent
qualities of HP, GR, Fluke and similar instruments. I played an original
part in the conversion of the assessment of National worst-case measurement
uncertainties to statistical uncertainty assssment. But I don't brag about
it.
----
Reg, G4FGQ

Well, Reg, your joking concerning the measuring instruments misled me. Sorry
about that. But I don't call your leveling with us on your experience and
accomplishments bragging. The more we know about our friends on line the greater
the enhancement of our communication, even the humor will be more appreciated. I
know that I'll have more appreciation of Punchinello than before.

Now, from a previous post of yours:

Really Walt, the introduction of God and the royal family to your conjugal
match philosophy is a little far-fetched. I never suspected it but what
brand of Bourbon are you on tonight? I recognise the symptoms.

(Funny smiley)
----
Reg.

Yeah, Reg, I must have been on something pretty strong when I said that, but I
can't remember what it was.

Another subject.: I'm wondering if I have your correct email address. During the
past two years, or more, I've sent you several emails with no response. Yet you
respond to my posts on this rraa in a cordial and friendly manner. In one of my
emails I asked if I had said something that offended you so that I could
apologize, but no response. During a cruise on the North and Baltic Seas two
years ago I was in London at both the beginning and end of the cruise. I emailed
you twice while in London and three times from the ship, asking for your phone
number so I talk with you to learn how to find you for a visit.

I first used the address you show on your posts with the 'zzz', but it came
back--wrong address. I then used your address without the 'zzz' with no
response. Can you help me understand what went wrong, because I really wanted to
meet you while in England.

Walt