Old June 25th 04, 02:04 PM
Shortround

The Grundig S350 is AWESOME! The kid would have a blast with it!

"Al Dykes" wrote in message
In article ,
SYSYPHUS' SISTER wrote:
jtaylor wrote:

He was playing with an old radio shack dx-100 that's in the wood shop

the
other day and said "This is really neat. I want a shortwave radio."

(I know the dx-100 is a piece of junk.)

When I was a kid the neat thing was turning the knob slowly on the am

tube
radio that glowed beside the bed, volume up, listening to signals

coming out
of the crackles. Um, that's still neat.

But today sw is better because you can get a radio that won't drift.

So -

If there is a digital radio that tuned like an analog one - not just

the
knob, but the SOUND; and it was not too big, and not too much $, and

not too
complicated - no ssb, no sync det, etcetera - well then, I'd like to

know
about it. 12th birthday is in two weeks.

Degen 1103--get from seller Liypn on EBay.

SYSYPHUS' SISTER

Grundig S350. I like it, and it looks like a great kid's radio.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/3500.html

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3691599

--
Al Dykes