Old September 9th 04, 06:04 PM
Walter Maxwell

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 08:41:17 -0700, Wes Stewart wrote:

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 15:10:28 GMT, Gary S. Idontwantspam@net wrote:
[snip]
|In industrial situations, I have had to deal with ground loop
|problems, which are a PITA to find. Do your grounding correctly, and
|you will be safer, and have an easier time of it.

You should have seen the problems I had when I had the house
electricians wiring up an r-f shielded room. Trying to convince them
that they had to run just *one* ground wire from a single point on the
room to a building ground and not the service entrance ground *and*
that the wire couldn't be bare and laying on the sprinkler system
piping, the A/C ducts and electrical conduit in the overhead.

Then fighting off the fire department guys that insisted that they
were going to run a pipe into the room for sprinklers.

Apparently the electricians only knowledge of 'loop' was in 'loophole'.