Old June 25th 04, 08:32 PM
DJboutit

I would say get a Realistic DX 160 good first radio and would be easy to
learn how to use a shortwave receiver. If you u get a dx 160 get with the
ext speaker. I love mine and got the hang of it only after using it for
about 1 to 2hrs. If you son get board with it shortly are you get it he
might get back into it with a few years so you might want to get a little
better shortwave radio to start out with. Check out ebay for a Realistic DX
160 you should be able to get one for a $50 to $75 and with the speaker.