Old June 26th 04, 11:36 PM
RHF

= = = "Alan" wrote in message
= = = ...

Snip Cut

ALAN,

If you are having "Noise Problems" using an ACDC Adapter with
a 'portable' Shortwave Radio.

First "Test" your AC Power Outlets for proper wiring and Grounding.

Often an 'incorrectly wired' AC Outlet or 'poorly grounded' AC
Outlet can be the "Source" of many AC Noise related problems.

iane ~ RHF

.

Cheers RHF, I shall test the adapter, but how do I check that the "ground"
is sufficient, or how can I improve it please.
Thanks
Alan

ALAN,

In the USofA we can CHECK the AC Outlets for proper wiring with
an AC Outlet Tester.

A 'standard' Three-Light AC OutLet "Analyzer" is available from
any electric supply house. The Analyzer is small, simple, $6
device consists of three Neon Lamps /LEDs and the 'Standard' USofA
Three-Prong 15-Amp Plug all molded in to a signal compact unit.

When Analyser plugged into a three-receptacle outlet it can
determine several different OutLet Faults in an instant.

With the Analyzer, one can immediately tell if the AC OutLet is:
- has Power (is Energized),
- has Reversed Polarity,
- has a Disconnected Ground,
- or has a Disconnected Neutral.

RadioShack (USA) Catalog # 22-141
http://www.radioshack.com/
RadioShack (Canada) Catalog # 22-101
http://www.radioshack.ca/
AC-OUTLET-TESTER= http://tinyurl.com/yvleo

"Instant-Read" AC Outlet Circuit Tester
http://www.tripplite.com/products/static/ct120.cfm

"Test-Glo Circuit Tester" GFCI Outlet Tester by AW Sperry
http://www.inspectortools.com/gfciouttesbu.html

Alan - I would think that such a device would be available in the
UK for Testing your 'standard type' of 220V AC Power Outlets ?
It should be available from any electric supply house in the UK.

iane ~ RHF

..