Old September 10th 04, 01:49 PM
jqo

Hello,

Firstly what does "Q" stand for?

You could try and shield the antenna from the other transmitter depending on
where everything is located. You might be better buying a decent tuner with
a narrower filter built in, often Kenwood or Sony have this feature. I have
a DENON and it suffers from the same problem of having WIDE filters so it
can't select individual stations too well without getting hammered by the
one next door.

"A-Tech" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I am a newbie here and have just dropped in to ask a single technical
question.

Living as I do in a suburban area, I use an FM antenna to draw the
stations
located in
a certain vector from me. A station of interest is located at 107.1MHz
but
is interfered with by an off-axis stronger signal at 106.9MHz

The FM antenna has a "standard" 300ohm screw connection for the lead-in
which I connect
a 300/75 xfmr and use coax down).

I would appreciate anyone's help in designing and implementing a notch
filter that would suck
out a major part of the interfering energy.

It seemed to me that a reasonable attempt would be to use a piece of
300ohm
flat-lead and short
it at an appropriate distance from the screw-terminals of the antenna.
None
of my attempts have
yielded any observable improvements. It may be that the filter must be
"deeper" (higher Q?) than
what my attempts provide.

Any ideas?

Thank you.