Old September 10th 04, 05:32 PM
Walter Maxwell

On 10 Sep 2004 16:10:57 GMT, Allodoxaphobia wrote:

I am a newbie here and have just dropped in to ask a single technical
question.

Living as I do in a suburban area, I use an FM antenna to draw the stations
located in
a certain vector from me. A station of interest is located at 107.1MHz but
is interfered with by an off-axis stronger signal at 106.9MHz

Hello Bryce,

I'm sure you're aware that these two frequencies are adjacent channels. The FCC
allocated channels such that adjacent channels stations would not be located in
the same geographical area, expressly fo the purpose of preventing such
interference. Obviously the two channels involved are not in the same area, and
it seems strange to me that you can even hear the station on 107.1 MHz.

I believe that your only hope is to orient your antenna to place the null in the
direction of the 106.9 station, as Roy suggested,, but I'm not sure that even
that will reduce the 106.9 station sufficiently to allow acceptable reception of
the 107.1 station. In addition, I firmly believe that attempting to filter out
an adjacent channel will be futile, and not worth the effort.

Walt, W2DU