Old June 30th 04, 04:44 AM
Telamon

In article ,
John Doty wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Yeah I'm miffed about the cross posting not about you or your
interests but you are to thick in the head to get that.

There's nothing wrong with cross posting of messages that are on
topic: the designers of USENET intended it to be used in this way.

Of course, you could perhaps argue that this thread is only
superficially on topic in rec.radio.shortwave, since it's not about
brain dead political ideology, the real focus of the group. I suppose
you could make a similar objection to its presence in
rec.antiques.radio+phono since greed does not appear to motivate the
participants.

Personally, I find this thread interesting: envelope detectors are
fascinatingly subtle. How to make one that sounds good for real
signals remains poorly understood. To me it's more on topic than 95%
of the messages in these groups.

And two wrongs make a right? I used to think more of you. Guess I was
wrong.

Very considerate of you to post your justification. Hope it makes you
feel better about yourself.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California