Old August 20th 03, 06:26 PM

Actually, you've made the argument backwards.

If you explanations work only the complexities of the real world
but collapse in the simplicities of the ideal world, then you
should cast grave suspicions on your explanations.

....Keith

W5DXP wrote:

wrote:
But we were discussing ideal lines, for which, if I recall correctly,
R and G are both 0.

Heck, let's discuss ideal Gods whose whims control everything in an
ideal way.

This would certainly be true for real world lines where the luxury of
R=G=0 does not exist.

The luxury of R=G=0 does not exist anywhere in the known
universe. Your math model is predicated upon things that don't
(can't?) exist. Does that give you some sort of hint?

Seems to me this is just one more case of seduction by the
idealized steady-state model. "I think it, therefore it exists".
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp