Old September 11th 04, 04:38 AM
Crazy George

"Steve Nosko" wrote in message ...

On the Program Apollo ocean ships used for monitoring communications around
the globe and spacecraft recovery, chain used on parts of the deck railings
was found to be the source of noise which modulated the multi-Kw HF
transmitters resulting in degraded Radar performance! I think it initially
made the radar useless.

--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.

Steve:

That problem investigation was written up in one of the technical journals back then, and I have been trying in vain to
relocate the citation. Do you happen to have it at hand?

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address