Old July 1st 04, 03:03 PM
HankG

"Dean" wrote in message
om...
I've considered replacing the rivets with screws, and I still may, but
it will only fix one of the shoddy construction issues with this
switch.

I'm off to check Ebay next (good idea, I hadn't considered it)

If all else fails, maybe I'll try some high quality toggle switches...

Dean

Just a thought. My radio is an Rx-320, so I'm always concerned about noise
(computer and otherwise). My primary antenna is a folded dipole in my roof,
connected via 300 to 75 ohm tv transformer to coax to my receiver. The
setup is quite good at reducing/eliminating household noise.

I'm considering adding additional antennas to be fed by coax. I will
probably use cable A-B switches, or the 'multi' switch type coaxial switches
found at Wal-Mart to switch antennas. My thought was that a knife switch
located near the radio would act like an antenna as far as household noise
is concerned, while the coax, properly grounded, would help to eliminate
noise.

---