Old July 2nd 04, 06:14 AM
Dwight Stewart

"RHF" wrote:

DS et al,

I sorry, I have to Laugh.

But this last couple of posts reads like
the FCC (Gestapo) and the Amateurs
(the Hitler Youth) during the NAZI Era.

Something to Think About ~ RHF

Perhaps one would think that if one considers all forms of restrictions
and enforcement to be Nazi-like. However, most people agree reasonable
restrictions, and enforcement of those restrictions, are necessary for
members of societies to co-exist in any civilized manner. And, unlike Nazi
Germany, we all have a clear say in those FCC restrictions and enforcement,
through public comments over proposed rules and through our election of
those who appoint the commission members and oversee their actions. Most
within the radio community agree restrictions and enforcement are valuable,
and were successful at convincing legislators outside the radio community of
that. You're certainly free to disagree, but your disagreement in itself
doesn't make those restrictions and enforcement Nazi-like. Something for you
to think about.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/