Old July 2nd 04, 09:27 AM
Sanjaya

"Dwight Stewart" wrote...
Actually, I thought his comments were pretty funny, especially the part
about intelligence. Of course, perhaps you have to be around the military
most of your life, and have worked in military intelligence, to really get
the humor of it. The "would-be torturers" part was a little over the top,
but, since it did happen, that impression is something the military will
have to deal with for some time.

Stewart

Hi Dwight.
The old joke about "military intelligence" being an oxymoron
is indeed funny. But I didn't feel any of the post was intended
in to be humorous. Yes, the torture and harsh tactics did happen,
but to categorize everyone in the military in that light is, at the
least, baiting this group. Maybe I missed the joke. I've been
known to do that.