Old September 11th 04, 09:29 PM
Reg Edwards

My dear Walt,

I have so many messages on my screen that some are being displayed as "no
longer available". Fortuately I did find your appeal amongst them. Anyway,
I shall now delete the lot and start again with a clean slate.

Over the years I have been aware of some of your communications. On one
occasion I received a parcel of your papers, which I think you also sent to
other people, for which, if I remember correctly, I briefly thanked you for.

On another occasion you said you would be visiting Europe and it would be
possible for you to visit me. Not being the best of sociable people (an
admitted personal handicap) and not being in the best of health to receive
visitors at the time I'm sorry I did not take the possibility sufficiently
seriously.

I am still not in the best of health and never will be. On the other hand I
do not expect to pass into the next world in the immediate future. Its just
old age. But I still have my wits about me.

And I can express myself well in plain old English without having to revert
to the subject of Boston Tea Parties. And beginning a sentence with 'and' is
perfectly legitimate.

So Walt, what's on your mind? If you would like to discuss things in public
it's OK by me.

What about "The Conjugate Match".

(Believe me, it took several minutes to recollect the name of what sort of
match it is. But perhaps that's because I'm 3 parts of the way down down a
bottle of European Rumanian Red. I hasten to add I have no intention of
neglecting the excellent Californian varieties.)
----
Yours sincerely, Reg, G4FGQ

===================================

"Walter Maxwell" wrote in message
Hi Reg,

This msg is a repeat of my last post for you in the TLI thread in case you
missed it.

"Another subject.: I'm wondering if I have your correct email address.

During
the past two years, or more, I've sent you several emails with no

response. Yet
you responded to my posts on this rraa in a cordial and friendly manner.

In one
of my emails I asked if I had said something that offended you so that I

could
apologize, but no response. During a cruise on the North and Baltic Seas

two
years ago I was in London at both the beginning and end of the cruise. I

emailed
you twice while in London and three times from the ship, asking for your

phone
number so I talk with you to learn how to find you for a visit.

I first used the address you show on your posts with the 'zzz', but it

came
back--wrong address. I then used your address without the 'zzz' with no
response. Can you help me understand what went wrong, because I really

wanted to
meet you while in England.

Walt