Old September 11th 04, 11:09 PM
Walter Maxwell

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 20:29:52 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

snip

So Walt, what's on your mind? If you would like to discuss things in public
it's OK by me.

Well, Reg, what has been on my mind for a long time is whether I was getting to
you with the correct email address. It's gratifying to learn that I have.

I am indeed sorry to learn of your disability, and understand why visitors would
cause you discomfort. However, if on chance I'm able to visit your marvelous UK
again I'll at least call you on the phone. I must tell you that Peter, G3WIX
answered my post, and gave me your number, which I'll be sure to have with me.

My regret while in the UK is that the time was too short, because I would have
liked to see more of it than one day in London. I'd lke to avoid Heathow next
time, though. Took a taxi two hours get out of it. There are several other UK
hams that I'd like to see. In addition, my ancestors blew in from Scotland in
the late 1700's, so I'd like to go to Glasgow and research to see how far I can
go back.

I'll need to refresh my knowledge of the location of JC Maxwell's museum (think
it's Edinburgh) to go there and see his ancestral line to determine if any of
his parallel mine. Wouldn't it be neat if I could say a micro amount of his
knowledge rubbed off on me?

So Reg, just when you least expect it, you may get a jingle from me sometime.
I'll be sure to have a goblet of the appropriate spirits in hand that we can
clink when I call.

Walt