Old July 4th 04, 06:05 AM
Dwight Stewart

"no_spam_here" wrote:

Where is this legal mandate? The FCC has
no mandate as the Amateur Radio Service
is experimental in nature and they can't even
stop interference between the hams. (snip)

It is buried somewhere in Part One or Two of the FCC rules. It's a one
paragraph statement about preserving frequencies for intended use,
minimizing interference, and so on. Of course, it says nothing about Amateur
Radio specifically, but is a blanket statement about radio as a whole (which
would presumably include Amateur radio). Now, please don't ask me to point
it out, because I really do not feel like digging through all that to find
it again. This is my last day as an active Ham operator (my equipment is on
sale on eBay at this very moment - ending today), and would therefore rather
not waste my time with it at the moment.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/