Old July 5th 04, 01:03 AM
Diverd4777

Default DX'ing with a Jwin JX -M14

- So I went hiking up in the hills round here ( Quite slowly, actually )
& tried my luck at the top of one, with this small digital read out analgue
SWR.

Sun went down & It got dark ( Had a Flashlight) so the little LED's glow
contrasted nicely with the sun baked Granit .
Used earbuds, so as not to disturb the crickets

Well, with a 10 foot random wire, i was pickin up just about everythig; faint,
strong, nearby & far away;
But all over the dial. Totally out of calibration.
Then I tuned into Marions Attic ( 7.415) which was showing up at ~6
something..

Found WWV in ~14.000 range. Not where I thought it woould be, but it
Still told the Truth..
In short, if your backpacking / Hiking , not a terrible set to carry about.

& its Nice to have parks & forests & such, with Trees & Birds & Bears & Stars

- & finally, anyone know a Low tech way of recalibrationg this $15.00 set.. ?

Happy Fourth of July Everyone

Dan