Old July 5th 04, 05:24 PM
David

Get a Sirius Satellite Receiver.

You can listen to all the major International Broadcasters on WRN,
Channel 115, in glorious hifi. Shortwave broadcasting isn't quite
dead yet, but the bedsores are pretty gross.

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Conten...d=996089493678

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 07:08:20 -0400, Finch wrote:

I'm planning a long road trip in a couple of weeks. I planned on
driving primarily at night and I thought it would be interesting
to be able to listen to shortwave along the way.
So my idea is to take along my DX-390, sit it in my lap and twiddle the
knobs as I drive. I'll listen through an earpiece.

Anyway, the question is my antenna. I planned on taking a piece of
wire, maybe 8 feet long or so. I attach one end of it to the top of the
auto antenna that sticks out of the hood of my car and fasten it there
with a wire tie. I run it down the length of the antenna and fasten it
at the bottom with another wire tie. Run the remainder in through the
window and done.

So my questions a
1. Will this work?
2. Is a standard automotive antenna long enough. I can temperairly
lengthen it with a piece of stiff wire or something.
3. Is it better to attach it to the radio by clipping it onto the
telescoping antenna or the antenna input jack.

Thanks for your input.