Old September 12th 04, 06:12 PM
CW

I got the impression that he was looking to use the antenna for FM
broadcast. Where did the aircraft come from?

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
. ..
Depending on the antenna it will work well or not so well, but still may
cover VHF aircraft. A 300 to 75 balun should be fine, assuming the
antenna uses a 300 ohm balanced feed.

And aircraft antennas tend to be vertical, at least the ones on the
ground, so orient it that way.

tom
K0TAR

Jim wrote:

I know this is amateur group but I thought you guys will have some

answer.
Got a unused TV yagi antenna with about 12 directors, dipole, and a

reflector.
Want to hook up a 300 ohm cable to my Sony 2010 receiver FM input. Do I

need to
hook up a balun? If yes, would a 75 ohm be good enough? OR should I

just forget
about this plan? TIA.