Old September 12th 04, 09:16 PM
Kevin

Tom and others,

I'm very interested in what you work out. I just moved into the city and
have an old house with a big attic. There is really no place on the lot
(very small 2500 sg ft lot) to put any antennas. The attic is the third
floor the peak being 30-35 feet above ground. There is no metal in the
attic accept one condiut for a light and the cast iron soil pipes for
venting the drains.

I have an AH-2 tuner that I am hoping I can make work with my kenwood TS-
690S. I do have a little ICOM 760 mobile that I will use if I absolutely
have to but that's really for my car (not currently installed).

So any thoughts on strait or loop. For strait I can go 50' Also should I
run COAX from the main floor to the tuner in the attic and use the castiron
soil pipe as ground OR should I have my 50' straight and then bring the
antenna on the outside of the building down to ground level (inverted L)
and keep the AH-2 in or very near the shack?

Thanks,

Kevin N9JKP

posted and mailed]

Any inputs on this plan are appreciated befor I spend the $$ on the
tuner.

Thanks,

Tom - AC9TS

This is the setup I had, along with a homebrew balun to feed the coax)
for my SWL days and it worked pretty well. I pulled the wire down
when I put all the other stuff up there but can re-install in any
configuration available. The longest straight run I can make is ~ 35'
diagonally. Woulkd I be better off just running a straight piece
rather then all the ziggin' and zaggin'?? How about putting it up as
a big "Z" (25' West, 35' diagonally NE, then 20' East)??