Old September 12th 04, 09:21 PM
Popcorn Lover

Jack Twilley wrote :

My yard is adjacent to a large park. The park's border with yards
like mine consists of a chain link fence that's in excess of one
thousand feet in length. The vegetation is such that I could run a
long wire about a foot over the top of the fence for a large part of
that thousand feet. Would the chain link fence cause negative
interactions? Would this be a receive-only antenna and not any good
for transmitting? I'd connect it to the random wire lug on my MFJ
Versa Tuner II to match it to my Kenwood tube rig.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Sounds like the fence would make an excellent ground plane! Check and see
if it's grounded. If not, load it up as an antenna.

--
- Popcorn Lover
If you love popcorn too, there are no popcorn groups on usenet but