Old September 13th 04, 03:41 AM
A-Tech

CW wrote:
I got the impression that he was looking to use the antenna for FM
broadcast. Where did the aircraft come from?

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
. ..
I assume he wants both, given the subject line.

It's a shortwave radio - see this link.
http://mare.radio.tripod.com/8_2010faq.html

....Bryce

tom
K0TAR

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
. ..

Depending on the antenna it will work well or not so well, but still may
cover VHF aircraft. A 300 to 75 balun should be fine, assuming the
antenna uses a 300 ohm balanced feed.

And aircraft antennas tend to be vertical, at least the ones on the
ground, so orient it that way.

tom
K0TAR

Jim wrote:

I know this is amateur group but I thought you guys will have some

answer.

Got a unused TV yagi antenna with about 12 directors, dipole, and a

reflector.

Want to hook up a 300 ohm cable to my Sony 2010 receiver FM input. Do

need to

hook up a balun? If yes, would a 75 ohm be good enough? OR should I

just forget

about this plan? TIA.