Old July 9th 04, 01:20 AM
Diverd4777

Brenda Ann Dyer wrote:

Noooooo!! Don't ruin half the fun for him by taking the magic out of it by
giving him a schedule.. The thing about SW for a kid (and I remember it
well) is the thrill of discovery. Give him a schedule, and you take that
away.. kinda ruins the wonder part of the experience.

Good point. Let him bandscan for a few months before suggesting a
program schedule. Otherwise he'll get focused on finding a particular
station instead of learning what there is to hear on the entire HF
spectrum.

- I guess let HIM decide if & when he wants a broadcast schedule..
Had an old Hally; that had cities & countries on the dial;
- But didn't realize they weren't broadcasting all the time

Radio Moscow was cool, So was VOA, So was the BBC
& So were hams..
Iffen I'd known about Aircraft & Volmats & Police Broadcasts i'd have gone wild