Old July 9th 04, 02:17 PM
Tony Meloche

Al Dykes wrote:

In article , "jtaylor"
writes:

Subject: Update on 12-year-old's SW radio
From: "jtaylor"
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 08:47:39 -0300

Grundig S350.

Up here in the Great White North getting a Tecsun from ebay would cost
almost as much as the S350 at Radio Shack, but still I wondered about
spending that much$.

Yesterday I went in and they had a flyer that said get the S350, get a
Grunding P100 free. The only S350 they had still had a sale sticker on it -
$20 off. For that combo, I bit - he can have the little one as well for
travel/camping.

Couldn't get him to go to bed last night.

"Listen - it's from SWEDEN!"

Worth it, as was the advice here; thanks all.

YESSSS ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Great...

Next, buy the kid a globe.
--
Al Dykes

Not a bad idea. As a novice SWL in the sixties, my most prized
possesion after the receiver and my copy of "White's" was a map of the
world on the wall in my shack.

Tony