Old September 13th 04, 04:23 PM
Walter Maxwell

On 12 Sep 2004 23:06:38 -0700, (Mark Keith) wrote:

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message

I think serious family research work would have to begin at home in the
States.

snip
One story of the early Scotland Keiths can be found at:
http://www.thekeithclan.com/

Kind of interesting...We have a pretty colorful history, but not all
is that good...
There was a long running feud with another clan due to some acts
involving some of the Keiths..Resulted in the death of a girl one of
the Keiths fancied..."kinda long story, but it can be found on the
net. "That started a feud which lasted for many, many years. I think
it just recently finally ended with both clans finally getting
together and forming a truce.. MK

Very interesting, Mark.

My Maxwell ancestors kept a solid record beginning with g-g-g-g grandfather born
in the late 1700's. My aunts, my dad 's sisters, organized the data on a long
sheet of grocery-store wrapping paper, which I put into the computer using the
LDS program. So I have the data prior to their leaving Scotland. What I need now
is data preceding that grandfather, which can only be found in Scotland.

However, I'm not as much interested in going back farther, I'd simply like to
know if any of my lines crossed any of JC Maxwell's, which is why I'd like to
see his genealogy list in his museum.

Good Luck with your search, Mark,

Walt, W2DU