Old July 10th 04, 09:37 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Dee D. Flint wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

[snip]
This is America, and you are allowed to ask any price you want for what
you sell. The buyer can also offer any price they want.

I would suggest that if a person is firm on all their prices, and
doesn't want to deal, they might want to sell retail.

Unless, of course, their price is already ridiculously low. I was

selling a
used tuner at a hamfest for 1/4 of what a new one would be as I simply
didn't like it, wanted to get a different one, and wanted to be sure to

sell
it. A guy tried to bargain me down but I simply told him that we both

knew
what they sold for both new and used and I wasn't budging. He forked

over
the asking price.

At 1/4 price, sure! I usually won't buy above 1/2 of currently
manufactured price. Elswise, I'm happy to buy new, with a warrantee and
I'm also not buying someone elses problems. My main point in this whole
discussion is that there are a lot of sellers that seem to hate buyers.
The Carny vs Rube thing.

- Mike KB3EIA -

My point was that he STILL tried to bargain me down even though we both knew
it was already lower than it should have been.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE