Old July 11th 04, 12:51 AM
garigue

..
Personally, I believe Amateur Radio Licenses should cost $75 per year for
regulatory fees and the Commission should elimanate testing. I also

believe
that is how it will eventually be in the near future.

73,

me

Hello me ??????? oh well .........

You have an excellent suggestion there regarding the 75 bucks a year. That
would get the Feds the kind of enforcement clout that would have all the
echo chambers, illegal KW users, freebanders, shrimp boat screw-ups, 25
alternator pick-ups, 10 meter truckers, illegal 11 meter bums ETC. running
for the hills, burying their illegal rigs under the manure pile and getting
into leather working or beanie babies. The enforcement WAS that way. I
know a lot of people in the past who got hit with $500 (1965 dollar) fines.
So me you have a very positive idea there ...one that I would have no
trouble with. IF one really wanted to be a ham then 75 clams would be a
bargain. However the cheep-Os would be squealing like a greased pig if this
were to pass. Also the testing could be given back to the FCC where it
belonged in the first place where, like I said before, shenanigans could
be minimized.

Testing elimination ? ...... probably not for a while but one thing I would
suggest is that with the funds the present 11 meter system could be shut
down permanently and placed up on UHF where CB would realize its original
intent.

Take care all ...... KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa