Old July 11th 04, 06:09 AM
Brucemm33

I think Paul Bauer is incorrect in his statement regarding the NRD 545. It is
not the entirely the rom in the 545 that determines if it will receive the
"forbidden" frequencies when the VHF/UHF converter card is installed. I have
the USA version of the 545 with the VHF/UHF card. With a simple modification
to the VHF/UHF card I am able to received ALL frequencies from 30 MHz to 2000
MHz. I came across this modification in the Yahoo NRD 545 user group. It's as
simple as installing a short across a resistor location on the VHF/UHF card.
Apparently there is a parallel circuit on the card identical to the resistor
network on the motherboard of the 545 which determines the frequency coverage.
One only needs to modify the card to change the receive coverage spectrum.

I will say the documentation that comes with the VHF/UHF card specifies it's
the rom in the 545 that determines the frequency coverage....it is entirely not
true as I can tune freely across the designed frequency range. Bruce