Old July 11th 04, 08:01 PM
lsmyer

Default Tecsun PL-550

If any of you wants to try a cool radio, try the Tecsun PL-550. As far as
I'm concerned, it has just two negatives: no SSB and all the buttons are
labeled in Chinese. But once you get past that, it's a nice performer.

It took me about an hour to learn the operation, but it's pretty
straightforward, and I don't even think about its labeling any longer.

To me, the PL-550 is a winner. It has all the best features of the YB-400
(rich sound), the ICF-7600 (sensitivity and compact size), and the ATS909
(many memories and tuning knob). It is the exact size of the Sony, has the
sound of the Grundig, and has nearly double the memories of the Sangean.

Two different people are selling it on ebay: brochhi and liypn. Both appear
to be dependable. I got mine from Liypn, and he has been excellent to deal
with. Here's a link to his sto
http://stores.ebay.com/V-COM-COLLECTIONS