Old July 13th 04, 03:29 PM
Jerry G.

A bigger speaker will give a more full sound. If it has a tweeter with it,
the highs will improve as well. But, you may not like the sound for speech.
If your set has a tone control on it, this will help you to tweak the sound
to some degree.

For short-wave listening, I prefer a simple good speaker that is in the 4 to
6
inch range.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Radio Man" wrote in message
I'm presently using an optimus 4" XTS 40 speaker. on my gen coverage rcvr.
I feel that the sound quality is good but would like to know if i were to
use a
larger full range speaker would the fidelity/clarity of voice improve? i do
not
want to use an amplifier or equalizer.