Old July 13th 04, 04:32 PM
Stephan Grossklass

Sam schrieb:

"Mike S." wrote in message
::
: This dealer (liypn) has established a very good reputation as a cheap,
: reliable source of direct Chinese imports. I'd go for it...a lot of folks
: on this newsgroup have done so.

Somebody outbid me just moments ago on the 1102. But, this can be a
blessing in disguise.

What's really the difference between the 1102 and 1103?

One difference should be striking when looking at pics of the two - the
DE1103 is somewhat bigger and uses a simulated analog dial. The keypad
had to move to a row under the LCD, not really perfect but better than
none. The DE1103 covers 100 MHz to 30 MHz continuously (the DE1102
normally only covers AMBCB and 3...30 MHz and can only be tricked into
receiving LW and such). The DE1103 is less noisy on MW and uses better
IF filters (the DE1102 had to face some criticism in terms of
selectivity).

Which one is
better to get since they are only about $10-20 USD difference between
the two?

Definitely the DE1103. I'd prefer the looks of the 1102 but raw
performance is in favor of the 1103.

I read that the 1103 has usb and lsb but the 1102 doesn't?

Both feature SSB, AFAIK with automatic sideband selection according to
the frequency range. I'd recommend subscribing to the two Yahoo! groups
for the DE1102 and DE1103.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 1xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W