Old September 14th 04, 04:48 PM
Alex

On 14 Sep 2004 12:38:36 GMT, (Fractenna) wrote:
Also, Why are you using PVC? This stuff is horrible as a base substrate at 2.4
GHz.

Because I can get a cheap PVC case which is otherwise suitabel for
weatherproofing the antenna. And because I have seen reported (I have
not tried it myself) that such material does not get heated in a
microwave oven.

The antenna elements themselves are sandwiched between (1 cm)
styrofoam sheets which should be lossless and have a dielectric
constant = 1 (almost). So the antenna elements would not be in direct
contact with the PVC case.

Have you got any other suggestions for a weatherproof case material?

73 & tnx fer ur answer
Alex