Old July 16th 04, 02:12 AM
Michael

"Chandler7600" wrote in message
Try 1170 A.M ( WWVA, Wheeling West Virginia)

If the " Skip Pattern" is right, you can hear it WAY beyond it's " Night
Pattern"

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...atus=L&hours=N

Subject: Getting started in MW DXing
From: Tony Meloche
Date: 7/15/2004 8:18 PM Eastern Standard Time

newbieguy wrote:

Kent, that is an interesting site that I was not aware of. Thanks for
the link. WBZ is very strong in Boston. I can pick it up in Vermont
approximately 175 miles away in the middle of the day.

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 03:43:26 GMT, "Kent" wrote:

If you are "behind" the station, it will be tougher.

Here is the night pattern.....

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...=AM&status=L&h

ours=N

"newbieguy" wrote in message
.. .

LOL, I was looking thru messages and had to chuckle when I came

across
this one. I have a hard time getting 850 WEEI Boston at night and I
am less then 50 miles away from the station. I believe the night

time
transmitting area is directional though for that station. I can
actually get 660 FAN from New York better at night.

Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:45:17 GMT, "Kent" wrote:

Other good ones to try.....

850 WEEI Boston
1110 WBT Charlotte
710 WOR New York
810 WGY Schenectady
660 WFAN New York
740 CHWO Toronto

A 1m air loop would do you well. As would a KIWA loop if you have

the
money.

Kent, K9EZ
Menomonee Falls, WI

Love CHWO- on a good hight, it's "local" clear here in SW Michigan.
Another Eastern USA powerhouse is WBBM Chicago. WJR in Detroit used to
be clearly audible in Florida most evenings, and I assume still is - ?
WWL in New Orleans is an easy nightime catch right up to the Canadian
border most evenings.

Tony

For me here in NJ, the champs are 1090 WBAL Baltimore, 1100 WTAM in
Cleveland, 1110 WBT in Charlotte... Most of the time in the evening, they
are reliable, and sometimes that sound like local stations...

For the most part, I can also hear just about every other 50kW station that
is east of the Mississippi so long as it is not directional and nulling away
from me or on the dial right next to any of the local powerhouse stations.

--
Respectfully,

Michael

Location: New Jersey
Primary Receiver: R-75 with full Kiwa mods
Antennas: G5RV, 200ft "Frankenstein" roof wire
Additional Radios: KA-1101,KA-1102,PL-550,
KA-989, Info-Mate 837, GE-SR III
Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)
Web Site: http://md_dxing.tripod.com