Old July 17th 04, 12:35 AM
dxAce

clifto wrote:

Dan wrote:
That's why we have machines read them in the first place: the ballot
is either readable or it isn't. There's no ambiguity, no trying to
"discern voter intent"! If your ballot can't be read, then too bad
for you. Next time be more careful.

Actually, in 2000 Florida it was "If your ballot can't be read, then
we check to see if there are any signs that you might have wanted to
vote for Gore, like this dent my fingernail just made in the card."
And then they disenfranchised all the servicemen voting via absentee
ballot. And they STILL couldn't make it look like Gore won.

They've been using that very voting system in Cook County, Illinois
(Chicago and 'burbs) for as long as I've been voting, which is a LONG
time. Funny the card system wasn't challenged here. Apparently the
way they knew the card system worked here and not in Florida is that
the vote came out in favor of Gore here.

Kerry has been saying that 1,000,000 blacks were disenfranchised in the 2000
election and that is an outright lie.

Every single investigation into this has proven this allegation to be false.

--
DAMN tax cuts! They're letting money trickle down to people who spend it!
WASHINGTON, July 13 (Reuters) - The U.S. government posted a larger-than-