Old July 17th 04, 08:40 PM
Diverd4777

Hi Finch..

It'll work if your stringing the antenna from the main car ariel over to the
Fiberglass
Mobine antenna.
& then taking a "feed" on a co-ax ( my way of doing it) down th the SWR. .

(and / Or ) you can try winding extra yardage around the roof rack ( Should
work !)

test it. Test It Out at night . . .

It'll take an hour to hook up & test.. it'll be worth it later on when you're
on the road..

- Always label everything & test everything .& record results.

Dan /NYC ( Where The Solar Storm is still roaring away..)

In article , "Finch"

Subject: UPDATE: Mobile antenna
From: "Finch"
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 14:43:04 -0400

Ok. A few of you have been following my posts about getting a mobile
antenna
onto my car for an upcoming night road trip I need to make. You have been
quite helpful
as well.
Thank you.

I just went and purchased a Rat Shack 48" fiberglass whip for CB. It's the
model 21-973 and can be
seen he
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...gory%5Fname=CT
LG%5F008%5F009%5F005%5F001&product%5Fid=21%2D973& hp=search

or:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?S247523D8

if you prefer.

Anyway, it cost almost 40.00. So much for the cheap idea.
Do you think this will work? I still have a few days and can return it and
go with
my wire between the auto ant and the rear of the roof rack.

So...for shortwave general coverage, what do you think.

TIA