Old July 18th 04, 07:55 AM
Howard

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:46:37 -0400, dxAce wrote:

Finch wrote:

I see.
Well, you seem to know a fair bit about this stuff. Will a 48" whip CB
antenna
allow decent modile reception of SW general coverage?

Coupled to a portable? I would guess so. Never done it myself. Depends on the
amount of noise tossed out by the car.

dxAce

And the only way to know is to actually hook the darned thing up and
try it as was suggested in an earlier post. You can get a lot of
advice here, but advice won't allow you to know what works in your
situation. If what you have doesn't work Radio Shack will take it
back. I am not trying to be a jerk, but in the time it's taking you
to ask this question here and wait for responses you could have
already installed the antenna, coupled it to the radio & driven around
a bit to test it out. I presume you also purchased a suitable adapter
to connect it to your radio so a quick install should only take about
5 or 10 minutes.

Hope you resolve your dilemma,
Howard