Old July 18th 04, 07:58 PM
Sanjaya

"Herb G" wrote...
Hello,

I would appreciate any inputs regarding a good radio to buy that is
small for travel, covers the international SW broadcast spectrum, as
well as standard AM, Fm, and has good sensitivity. Sound quality is
not important.

Thank you for any inputs.

Herb G.

As noted by Al and Michael, the Tecsun PL-200 and Degen 1102/1103
are great radios for the money. If you don't need SSB go with the PL-200.
Full coverage, fits in a large pocket and has an antenna gain switch that makes it even better.
The sound from the speaker is pretty good too, considering it's small size.
Al called the sound "tinny", but I've heard worse. The 200 is very listenable,
I would recommend buying from eBay seller Liypn. I've purchased 3 radios from him,
all arrived in 6-7 days from shipping. He takes PayPal only.
http://stores.ebay.com/V-COM-COLLECTIONS