Old July 19th 04, 03:05 AM
clifto

dxAce wrote:
Drifter wrote:
well, i have been on the move most of my life. been to
64 countries. love to travel. i'm a member of the
Britannia club. seen the Sphinx, walked "the street of
1,000 women" in Turkey. spent 31 months in Nam. so,
been there and done that many time's. one of the few places
i didn't like was Paris. stinks; smells like an open
cesspool. really love Asian rim. hope to retire somewhere
around there. all i need is a roof, a warm ocean, and
women in thongs. been to a lot of places i listen too
on sw. traveled for Westinghouse in the 70s; nuke/mech
EE. was lucky enough to get a position with the largest
Japanese TV manuf when they opened a shop in W.Pa. great
people to work for. so, i still get to move around alot.
well, the last year its been mostly to San Diego and into
Mexico. had some bad times too. jungle rot on the feet.
that never really goes away. been shot 7 times. blown-up
4 times. crash landed 4 times in a chopper and once in a
light plane. also had malaria, that comes back sometimes.
etc. just love it. this lifetime has been a good one most
of the time. guess i'm just a throw-back to the early
explorers. questions???
friends call me Drifter cause i'm never, almost ever home.
W.Pa. ask the ex-wife...

Those chopper crashes will wind up giving you problems, one way or the
other...

I have been a rover; I have walked alone. Hiked a hundred highways,
never found a home. Still in all, I'm happy; reason is, you see,
once in a while along the way, love's been good to me.

--
DAMN tax cuts! They're letting money trickle down to people who spend it!
WASHINGTON, July 13 (Reuters) - The U.S. government posted a larger-than-