Old July 14th 03, 03:30 AM
Jason Dugas

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message

I have a 6m transverter on the way this week to use just in time for

the
CQWW contest this weekend... one problem NO ANTENNA!!

So I picked up a very old Yagi, built in 1969, but still in great

condition.
Its currently cut for the 40 MHz band, so I should be able to trim the
elements down and change the spacing for a 3-element 6m antenna, right?

Too late for it now I guess. If you know the frequency of the antenna

then
you can devide it by the frequency you want to operate on and change the
lengths and spacings by the same fraction. Then if gamma matched adjust

the
gamma for a low swr.

Ralph,
You bring up a very valid point-- SCALING! This is an old trick I forgot
about, but I'm certainly glad you mentioned it.

One question-- this antenna has a gamma match-- how does the gamma match
change with respect to all of the other new dimensions?