Old September 15th 04, 10:17 PM
JGBOYLES

E = Root (P*R)

Scaled V is V / 273 but you'll have to go further to stay in the dynamic
range of the multiplier. V^2 should be around 10V or whatever the mult can
output.

Thanks for checking my calcs. Steve. I had to do what your spreadsheet did by
hand. I should note that since I have to convert the voltage to the multiplier
to DC, at 1500 watts we are working with 273*SQRT 2 or 386 volts. I size the
divider so that 386 this gives 10.0 volts to the multiplier. With a dual
polarity 15VDC supply, the multiplier has enough dynamic range.
73 Gary N4AST