Old July 20th 04, 04:26 PM
Stephan Grossklass

Bill schrieb:

Hi all,

Having done some DX'ing with a small Sony SW radio for ten years, I
would like to buy a better one, connected to the pc. I was thinking of
the Ten-Tech RX320D. Does anyone have any experience with this radio?
Is it better than, say, Icom or Winradio?

As far as I've read, the RX-320 is pretty much the best shortwave rig in
its class; no idea whether the Winradio G303i or G313i might beat it in
terms of strong signal handling, though.

And what about computer
noise?

Assuming the RX-320 is decently constructed, there shouldn't be any more
such noise than with any other PC controlled receiver. The best place
for an antenna is as far away from noise sources (including the PC) as
possible, with coax lead-in. BTW the worst interference sources from my
rig here are the ethernet switch (cheapie) and a front mounted
(unshielded) case fan.

Also, I'm in an apartment and would like some kind of antenna
(active?).

Particularly when having to use the PC for receiver operation, you want
something outdoors.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 1xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W