Old July 20th 04, 07:00 PM
David Eduardo

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
. 70...
Quoth "David Eduardo" in news:vEaLc.24232$vi2.697
@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

No, it is also behind WFAN, a sports talker and WADO, a Spanish talker.
Make that #4 out of 5.

So Crains NY has it wrong, you say?

Probably Crains had 1) the unofficial monthly numbers and, 2) forgot that
WADO is talk and WFAN is talk.... first because it is Spanish and second
because it is sports talk.

The Friday numbers were "advances" while today's release is the offical
data.

In 12+, the ranking is WABC, WFAN, WOR, WADO and WLIB last.

In Message-ID: you say
there
are six talk stations:

770, 620, 1280, 1050, 1190, 710 are all talk. Sports talk is also talk.

Though sports talk aims at a younger demographic than straight talk, I'm
perfectly willing to concede this for the sake of discussion, considering
that Air America's listener base skews younger than WOR and WABC, too. I
have a harder time including Spanish talk as a competitor to Air America,
even though I've observed that Air America has a considerable Latino
listener
base. I often find Latinos on the street listening to WLIB.

And most 35+ Hispanics in NY, overwhelmingly Puerto Ricans, are English
dominant.

WSNR 620 doesn't even appear on the Radio and Records ratings chart.
Would
it be number 6 out of 6?

Yes, I guess. But it is a perpetual no-show.