Old July 20th 04, 11:23 PM
Mark S. Holden

Steve St. Denis wrote:
GRUNDIG SATELLIT 800 MILLENNIUM SHORTWAVE RADIO
The Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium is a perfect balance of form and
function. Band coverage is complete: Shortwave from 100kHz to 30MHz, plus
AM/FM and VHF aircraft band (118 to 137 MHz). The receiver has synchronous
detector for superior reception, upper and lower sideband capability
(LSB/USB), AGC, built-in analog signal strength meter and three-position
bandwidth. 70 user-programmable memory locations and oversized
multi-function display

I am looking of a radio to tune into just not the BBC and other news
networks but, I would like to hear Military aircraft and other aircraft,
Federal frequencies, and marine frequencies, and other federal frequencies
of interest, I also think I can pick up utilities frequencies with this
radio. Can any one tell me if there is a better radio that will receive the
full spectrum of the radio bands that I'm interested in. I'm in Canada and
can pick the radio up new for $ 599.00 Canadian.
Steve

That radio is really better suited for program listening instead of
utilities.

You would probably be better off with a used Drake R8, a Tentec rx-320,
or an Icom R75.

An alternative would be to look for a used military, or commercial
marine radio. Ones with digital tuning are likely to be more expensive
than the Sat 800, but they are well suited for utilities.