Old July 21st 04, 04:54 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"mike maghakian" wrote:

I have a friend who is an RX-340 expert and also someone else in this
group have pointed out that the writer is either: a) using out of
date firmware b) does not know how to use the RX-340

#####################################What constitutes an expert?

+++++++++mike writes+++++++someone who knows more about the 340 than Ten-Tec
support does, my friend does.

the RX-340 is NOT a plug and play receiver, it takes experience and
training to take advantage of, like a racing car.

########################## Baloney. It is no more difficult to use than my

R8B or AOR7030+. I
would say of the three the AOR7030+ is the hardest to use with its menu
system.

+++++++++++++++mike writes++++++maybe you don't know how to use the 340
either,,,,,,,tell me all about configuring the AGC system

snip

What's to configure? There are three choices Slow, Medium, fast and one
programmable setting. The programmable setting can set the Attack, hang
and decay. I figured out what I wanted by looking at the other three
settings and experimented with it a little to get what I wanted. No big
deal. There is an AGC dump button that kills the AGC for as long as you
hold it. What am I missing?

I think Ten-Tec support is pretty good. I spoke to them a few times
about the radio and they were both knowledgeable and friendly.

Now I'll return the favor to you and put "your friend" on the spot and
see if he can answer this question. What function is always on when you
first turn on the radio on even if the function is turned off when the
radio is power off. You won't find the answer in the manual.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California