Old August 8th 04, 02:30 PM
Al Patrick

Michael wrote:

Etronics has it for: $ 139.00 Add $9.00 for UPS Ground shipping and
your out the door total is $ 148.00

I dont know if it is the best price out there, but it is a good price. See
the link below.

http://etronics.resultspage.com/disp...=dynamic&Store

It's not like I really need it. I had a 7600G several years ago and
"loaned" it to a friend for a while. He still has it - but probably
seldom uses it for SWL.

Anyway, I have a couple of YB400s, a DX-398, etc., etc. One YB400 is
very old, "refurbished" - but still does not work on batteries well. It
stays leashed to a wall wart - and works well that way. The Grundig
100PE for $30 is not bad, but far from being as sensitive or selective
as a 7600, 909/398, YB400, etc.

Some reasons for being interested in another 7600, especially the ~GR,
is compactness and power drain.

I think I'll bide my time and locate one for under $130 delivered. :-)

Thanks,

Al