Old August 11th 04, 06:22 PM
Frank Dresser

"Pete KE9OA" wrote in message

[snip]

His associate explained to me that when I heard the superb transmission
capabilities of their system I would be impressed.
I asked him how they were going to deal with the multipath effects of
evening reception, with their selective fading. I also explained that
the sync detector on my soon to be released radio addressed these
problems and that users would be able to enjoy the benefits without
having to pay a licensing fee, and that 3 channels of spectrum wouldn't
have to be wasted on a system such as theirs. I also explained that
their approach defeated the whole purpose of extending the MW bandplan
in th USA.
He never responded to me.

Pete

Since the FCC is no longer worried about adjacent channel interference,
let's hope they drop the bandwidth restrictions on standard AM. I really
doubt the major networks have some new found interest in high fidelity
broadcasting, but some of the local independents might. There certainly is
a radio hobbyist interest in hi-fi AM.

And if hi-fi AM takes off with the general public, the non-IBOC broadcasters
could compete right now, using non-proprietary technology.

Frank Dresser