Old August 12th 04, 02:41 PM
lsmyer

Back in May 2003, I listed my year-old Sony ICF-2010 on eBay with an opening
bid of $0.01 and $0 reserve. I put the words "No reserve" in the item
description. It was a seven-day auction. I put several good pictures of the
radio in the listing and wrote up a very passionate product description.

By the time the auction ended, a bidding war had taken place and the final
bid (including shipping) was $470! That was $70 more than I originally paid
for the radio a year ago when it was new!

The winner got a nice radio, but other radios just as good as mine went for
less money. The whole eBay experience is based upon greed and the need to
win. If you play the game right, you can work your buyers into a frenzy.
They enjoy the game and you enjoy the financial rewards. Truly a win-win.

And if for some reason there's little interest in your radio, then you can
cancel the auction at any time and re-list your item at another date.

Have fun and good luck!